|# Tables||about 15?|
|Address||1 S Stone St, Wheeling, WV 26003|
|Region||Wheeling, WV Eastern USA|
Wheeling Island (formerly Wheeling Downs) is a casino, hotel and racetrack in Wheeling, WV, not far from Interstate 70. The poker room at Wheeling Island opened October 19, 2007.
The poker room can be difficult to find from the main floor. It is adjacent to the "non-smoking" portion of the casino, and near the lowest level of the viewing area for the track.
A bad beat jackpot is now advertised.
This list is incomplete. Omaha and Seven-Card Stud do appear on the boards, but are far less popular than Hold'em.
- 1/2 blinds, $200 max
- 2/5 blinds, $500 max
- 5/10 blinds (apparently uncommon)
Bets are raked immediately, unlike Las Vegas, where only called bets are raked.
- $2/4 Hold 'em: 10% of the pot up to a $5 maximum
- $3/6 Hold 'em: 10% of the pot up to a $5 maximum
- $1-2 NL: 10% of the pot, up to a $5 maximum
- $2-5 NL: 10% of the pot, up to a $5 maximum
Wheeling Island spreads regular tournaments.
|Poker rooms of the Eastern United States|