Ever since the poker boom of 2003, the amount of televised poker has exploded. From the classics to the currently-running, here's a catalog of poker games on television:
Currently On The Air Edit
Note: shows about poker, like Play Like The Pros can be found on the Poker in the media page. This page is for actual televised poker tournaments and games.
- Poker Night Live Canada, UK and Germany is a great show that shows small stakes fast blind structure single table tournaments
- The World Series of Poker coverage has expanded greatly on ESPN, including lots of reruns of past years' episodes and a heavy emphasis on the current year's tournaments.
- World Poker Tour (WPT) airs new episodes on Wednesday nights on the Travel Channel, with reruns on Saturdays. It is currently betewen seasons, though Season 5 shows are being played and taped.
- Celebrity Poker Showdown is also between seasons right now, on the Bravo network.
- FSN's Poker Superstars tournaments air about once a year (with reruns throughout the year). In 2006, Poker Superstars III aired during the summer.
- High Stakes Poker airs on the Game Show Network, and features a high stakes ring game (not a tournament!) with a number of well-known poker pros as well as a few amateurs. It is currently re-running seasons one and two, and season three is being filmed.
- NBC's National Heads-Up Poker Championship airs annually in April and May, following a format like the NCAA basketball tournament.
- FSN airs the MansionPoker.Net Speed Poker Championship on Sundays.
- Poker Royale airs irregularly on the Game Show Network. It's a serious of team-vs-team tournaments with unusual teams (comedians vs pros, old pros vs new pros, etc).
- Ultimatebet.net Poker Challenge airs on FSN, featuring final tables of tournaments featuring everyday players who qualified online
- Monte Carlo Millions, sponsored by riverbelle.info, airs irregularly on FSN and features a high-stakes tournament held in Monte Carlo.
Off The Air Edit
- Calvin Ayre Wild Card Poker aired irregularly on FSN.
- The Game Show Network used to air episodes of Late Night Poker, a tournament filmed in Britain. It aired from 1999-2002.
- The Ultimate Poker Challenge aired from 2002-2004 and featured a series of one-hour tournaments filmed in the Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas, featuring many of poker's stars.
- Joker Poker aired in Australia (not sure on other countries). It is a humorous show as casual players, including comedians, play Hold'em while Poker etiquette is out the window when it comes to what you say and don't say.
Do you know of a poker television show? Add it to this list! If it's a show about poker, and not a televised poker game itself, add it to the Poker in the media article instead.