The Boulder Highway, the major strip to the east of Las Vegas, has become the Secondary Strip of town. A number of large casino resorts have been built on the Highway since the 1990's, with the Eastside Cannery the latest offering, appearing in 2008.
The Boulder Strip's claim to fame is large casino resorts with cheap hotel rooms. No $200 Bellagio suites here, just large modern comfortable rooms for prices around $30-$40 a night. Generally regarded as aiming at a clientele which has driven into town, rather than flown. Sometimes called "locals casinos", since their customers tend to live within 200 miles of the casino.
Boulder Strip Casinos With Poker Rooms
- Boulder Station - low and sometimes medium-limit games, includes a nearly-constant game of Limit Omaha Hi
- Sam's Town - low stakes limit and no-limit hold 'em, only
- Eastside Cannery - low stakes limit and no-limit, only
- Nevada Palace - daily tournament only, no cash game
- Jokers Wild - low stakes limit and no-limit hold 'em only